Friday, January 1, 2010

Dances With Wolves - 1990


There are movies I think, like Crash and No Country For Old Men, though good movies, are not deserving of the Best Picture Oscar. Dances With Wolves is definitely not one of them. In fact, it deserves each and every one of the 7 Oscars it won. This movie was so moving that I had to hold back the tears to prove just how macho I was. Sure, I was younger back then but it is a movie I knew I would never forget.

This film takes place during the American Civil War era and centers around an officer who is posted to a remote, uninhabited frontier in the west. Lieutenant Dunbar takes us on a solitary journey as he settles, learns to adapt to the new land, and slowly discovers that he is not alone and that the land is already home to a tribe of Sioux Indians. What starts off as initial distrust between this white man and the tribe slowly evolves into a bond that is tested with the events that ensue.

This movie might be longer than most but worth every minute. Have relax, get comfortable, and ladies, get that box of tissue out.


0 comments:

Post a Comment